Thursday 16 August 2012

Are you outside of the medals?

16/8/12

At most of our workshops we get the opportunity to introduce ourselves and recently, as it was during the Olympics, I decided to add a little twist. As well as the member's name, chapter, how they help people (note: not what they do) - I asked who was their Olympic hero and why?

There were some interesting heroes, including a couple of members who didn’t have one (not into sport), but in the main they were all gold medal winners. Eddie the Eagle and Eric the Eel were also mentioned because they were people that just never gave up.

And, as usual, it got me thinking!

If BNI were an Olympic sport, would I, would any of us, be a medal winner? Up there with Sir Steve Redgrave, Lord Coe, Steve Ovett (my hero), Bradley Wiggins, or even Eric the Eel - who just never gave up.

Most of us love winners. A great many of us would love to be photographed holding a gold medal (as I discovered a few weeks ago). So, I guess my question is – would you be a medal winner in your chapter? And, if not, could you be? Or, maybe, you could just improve your PB (Personal Best). For example: 23 referrals in the last 26 weeks, how about 25 referrals in the next 26 weeks? Or, maybe 4 visitors in the last 26 weeks, how about 6 visitors in the next 26 weeks?

Our medal haul at the Olympics was amazing and had the whole country buzzing. How about helping our BNI team to do the same and, maybe also, winning a personal gold medal along the way?

No comments: